Saturday, March 1, 2008

High School Musical on Ice

Lastnight was the night that Avery's tickets for HSM The Ice Tour were for. Her dad and I gave her tickets for Christmas and she anxiously awaited for two whole months to go. Thursday night she exclaimed "I can't wait!!" Of course it had snowed all day and I had heard of accidents and crashes all over from the 10 cm's of the white stuff that fell, as much as 1.5 cm's an hour. I was getting nervous, not knowing exactly where I was going (I've been twice but my sense of direction is a little off to say the least) and driving in awful weather. I debated not going but how do I do that to Avery? So, off we went, we hit snow, ice pellets, freezing drizzle and rain! Not a nice drive at all but we made it and I was very relieved to get there and get a parking spot. Now the excitement began - Avery doesn't show her excitement much (a little like her mom, lol), and I believe she gets overwhelmed and just takes it all in. We got inside and headed for the atm machine and then off to a booth to buy a souvenir. Avery chose a cute teddy bear dressed in the HSM cheerleading outfit. We chose not to get any munchies until intermission. We found our seats and I must say that they were very good seats. Avery had mentioned that a classmate of hers was right on the ice, it didn't take us long to find her. We were that close to her!
It started and oh my! can little girls ever scream! I don't experience this because Avery is not like that at all and I have never even heard her yell before. It was a very good performance. During intermission we scurried and beat the crowd down to get some popcorn. $7 for a box of popcorn! Wowzers! Anway, we found our way back to our seats and enjoyed the second half of the show. Avery really liked it....I did as well, it was good! It's over now let's get out of there before the crowd. Can you tell I don't like crowds? I grabbed Avery's hand and was dragging her to get out of there and into the car. I didn't know what kind of weather we were going to run into so I was in a hurry to head home.
It had stopped snowing, freezing drizzle and raining! We took the highway home and it was just a little bit wet. A much nicer drive home! I'm glad that I chose to tackle the yucky roads to experience this with my daughter. It was worth it.

3 comments:

Jessica Ryan said...

we went in early January for R's Birthday and we LOVED it... had such a great time. I thought the whole show was brilliant -- loved the basketball on ice... the scenes were great and the skator/actors were such fun!

Marie said...

What a fun night for you and Avery! It must be neat to share these experiences with just her.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a crazy adventure and lots of fun!! Aren't you glad you didn't skip it? How cute that she was out of character while there. Or wash she "in" character? I'm confused...